Broyles Kight and Ricafort, P.C. and Divorce Magazine are pleased to provide our monthly eNewsletter. We hope this information is helpful and supportive. After reading this, please forward it to whomever you think may benefit from it.
From the Office:
- Nissa Ricafort, Melanie Reichert and Melissa Avery are attending The American Bar Association Family Law 2016 Spring CLE Conference on May 10-15 at the Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas where they are learining about the latest trends and happenings in family law. Melissa Avery is currently the Secretary of the Family Law Section of the ABA and continues to work with other ABA leaders to provide exceptional programming for family law attorneys.
- Melanie Reichert submitted a program topic to the Family Law Section of the ABA and her program was selected to be a plenary presentation at the Fall meeting of the Family Law Section in Quebec City. She will be moderating the program “Guidleines for Working with Personality Disorders in Family Law” with presenters Dr. Philip Stahl and Dr. Bart Ferraro.
- Nissa Ricafort is a current faculty member for TheDivorceSchool.com, which is an online educational forum for individuals who are considering divorce, are separated, or are working through post-divorce issues. The seminar is designed to assist these individuals in making intelligent decisions so that their divorce does not leave them financially and emotionally bankrupt. Nissa is presenting regarding legal issues pertaining to children during and after divorce.
- AFCC Indiana is hosting a free CLE and networking event at Avalon Manor in Merriville on May 20, 2016 from noon to 1:30. Dr. Jonni Gonso and Magistrate Nanette Raduenz will present on “When and How to Speak to Children About Their Wishes Regarding Parenting Time.” Melanie Reichert is Vice President and membership committee chair of AFCC Indiana.
- Nissa Ricafort hosted a Top 25 Women Luncheon on April 22nd at Coopers Hawk to celebrate all of the women lawyers in Indiana who were recognized in the 2016 Indiana Super Lawyers nomination, research and blue ribbon review process. It was an honor for Nissa to spend time with such a wonderful group of women.
On a Personal Note::
- We recognized Administrative Professionals Day on April 27th. Special thanks to all of our admin staff for all you do for us each day!
- Our office will be closed on May 30th in observance of Memorial Day.
Please check out our website for more information:
Coping with Divorce:
5 Pieces of Advice for Divorcing Parents
Divorce is an emotional and stressful life event that nobody can be fully prepared for. To lessen the negative effects of divorce on you and your children, keep these five tips in mind.
4 Steps to Take When Divorce is Inevitable
If you believe that your marriage is on the rocks, or that your spouse is planning a divorce, it is essential to have a plan to protect yourself and make sure your family and your future will be secure.
The Divorce Process:
Facebook and Divorce: What You Need to Know
In courts throughout the country, judges are taking people’s social media accounts and postings into consideration as evidence during divorce.
Children and Divorce:
9 Tips for Helping Your Kids Get through Your Divorce
There is nothing more important than your kids during and after a divorce. Everything you do, strive for, and settle on during the divorce should be in your kid’s best interest.
4 Ways to Protect Your Marriage from Divorce
Whether you’re happily married or starting to consider separation, there are steps you can take to safeguard your marriage against divorce.